News of the Week
- The last day of classes is Wednesday, December 4th
- Reading Days: December 5th - 8th
- Final Exams: Friday, December 6th to Friday, December 13th
- UD's Closed: Tuesday, December 24th to Wednesday, January 1st, 2014
CBE In the News:
- Congratulations to Thomas H. Epps, III who received the 2014 Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society's Young Investigator Award. Thomas will receive the award at an awards ceremony on November 8, 2014 in Glendale Arizona
- Creating “Genius Materials” Aboard the ISS
- Save the date: Colburn Club Holiday Party
When: Tuesday, December 3, 2014 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Where: Klondike Kates, 2nd Floor
Future CBE Events:
- Neutron Day – 2014: The Center for Neutron Science is sponsoring a symposium with the National Center for Neutron Research of NIST on Thursday, February 13, 2014, at the Trabant University Center at UD. Leading scientists and engineers from NIST and UD will present scientific research on a broad range of topics and a poster session will run throughout the meeting. Registration is free but please pre-register so we can plan for your attendance. Click here for on-line registration. Contact Cinda Younce for additional details.
Other Department Seminars/Events:
- Physics and Astronomy
Dr. George Reiter, University of Houston
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
2:00 pm in 215 SHL
"The quantum mechanics of nano-confined water: new cooperative effects in the confined ground state revealed with neutron Compton scattering"
- The Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering at the University at Buffalo, State University of New York is seeking to hire multiple faculty members at the Assistant, Associate, or full Professor rank. Candidates with research interests in all areas of bioengineering or materials science and nanotechnology, as well as the interface between these areas, are of interest.